Illustrated Guide to Sewing Home Furnishings: Expert Techniques for Creating Custom Shades, Drapes, Slipcovers and More (Fox Chapel Publishing) How to Create Your Own Beautiful, Affordable Home Décor
(as of May 21,2022 13:06:52 UTC – Details)
Learn how to create handmade soft furnishings to accent your home!
- Over 200 diagrams, photos, and illustrations to take you through every process
- Techniques and tips for custom decorating, welting, trim, closures, pleats, and more
- Making curtains and draperies, including the Roman shade and café curtains
- Slipcovers with a perfect fit, from determining yardage and cutting fabric to pin fitting and stitching
- Tailored bedrooms including making bedcovers, skirts, and coverlets
One of the simplest and most affordable ways to add personality and warmth to your home is with fabric accents in the form of window dressings, bed coverings, pillows, slip covers, and more.
With the expert techniques inside this 144-page guide, you will no longer be stuck with the limited options offered by ready-made items at department stores, nor have to pay the exorbitant price for custom-made!
Learn how to sew your own soft furnishings—from taking measurements and estimating fabric yardage to essential sewing techniques—with beautiful step-by-step projects and more than 200 detailed diagrams. Inside this book, you’ll be clearly guided through picking out fabric, tools, and supplies, expert techniques for custom decorating, making curtains, drapes, slipcovers, fitted coverlets, bed skirts, bedspreads, and more.
Sewing for the home is a great place for beginners to start, as there are no patterns, fittings, or sleeves to wrestle with. Learn how, by selecting fabrics with a beautiful mix of color, pattern, and texture, you can create home-made decor with a designer’s flair.
Learn everything you need to know to create beautiful, affordable home décor, with Illustrated Guide to Sewing Home Furnishings!
Publisher:Fox Chapel Publishing (December 1, 2010)
Item Weight:15 ounces
Dimensions:7.58 x 0.36 x 9.16 inches