Hello mates! How’s the week going? We’re off on a little bit staycation – try my IG stories for pics and adventures! – however for at present’s submit, I believed I’d share some enjoyable actions to do with the youngsters whereas they’re residence for Christmas break.
Insert MAJOR sigh of aid and all of the cheer for Christmas break. I like having the kiddos residence, and particularly love zero alarms (apart from the times I’ve to show), sluggish mornings, and seeing the place the day takes us. Our weeks are fairly busy round right here between college, gymnastics and dance staff, horse classes, and soccer, so having a few weeks off beautiful. (Not months off. I’m not placing that out into the universe.)
Whereas I nonetheless should work whereas the kiddos are residence, I’ve been making an attempt to pre-write as a lot as attainable and guide calls into time blocks so we will have some enjoyable adventures whereas they’re residence.I believed I’d share a few of my high concepts right here and would love to listen to what you’re doing with the fam this winter break!
Winter Break Actions with Children
Please understand that these are simply concepts and a brainstorm checklist, and there’s no manner we’ll do all or many of the issues right here. I’m actually most enthusiastic about simply CHILLING, however will probably be nice to have the lists on the afternoons the place we’re in search of one thing to do!
Concepts for residence:
– Tenting in the lounge. This was an enormous hit when the pandemic first hit, and a manner for us to differentiate the weekend from all the different days that blended collectively. We’d roast s’mores, watch a film, and sleep in a tent downtstairs. I discovered in a short time that I hate air mattresses lol but it surely was price it for the reminiscences for the kiddos.
– Make slime. That is our go-to recipe and you may add glitter to the combination for a shiny snow slime
– Bake one thing. We not often have time to bake whereas the youngsters are in class, so it is a particular alternative to bake collectively
– Train them a recipe. That is considered one of my targets for this Christmas break! We’ve a gasoline range, so I’m not fairly snug with them utilizing it but, however I wish to educate them how one can make eggs and pancakes on our large griddle. It’s electrical, so will probably be excellent for them to make breakfast (with supervision, in fact).
– Go on a scavenger hunt. Whereas it’s a bit chilly, we nonetheless bundle up and take walks with Maisey every day. Create a scavenger hunt checklist earlier than you head out.
– Hike! We’ve so many stunning trails right here in Tucson that I’m hoping one afternoon we will go discover one.
(Pic from our final journey to Sedona)
– Learn a guide and watch the film. Liv is ending the guide Surprise, so I’m excited to look at it with the youngsters considered one of these nights.
– Allow them to host a expertise present, or have a dance get together. That is considered one of my go-tos after I must get some chores finished — I activate some music and the ladies dance and play whereas I clear
– Karaoke! We’ve this bluetooth mic and the ladies looooove it.
– Make a fort
– Work on a puzzle
– Create a year-end photograph album. I’m actually making an attempt to get higher about this, so this submit is my motivation to do it.
Concepts for adventures and excursions:
– Take them to spend their vacation present playing cards at Goal or the mall
– The arcade! Our youngsters LOVE the mall arcade and we at all times have a blast enjoying video games for a bit
– Mini golf
– The Botanical Gardens
– The zoo
– An aquarium
– Take a brief highway journey or staycation. We’re lucky that Mt. Lemmon is simply an hour away, so we will see some pine timber and snow!
So, inform me, mates: what are you as much as for winter break? Any enjoyable actions or little journeys deliberate?